Strutt Your Mutt 2017
Sunday 11th June Woodfarm Barn, Benacre
Two and five mile walks on the beautiful Benacre estate
Benacre National Nature Reserve is managed by Natural England with much of the reserve being private property and not normally open to the public so, thanks to the kindness and generosity of Lady Gooch, taking part in Strutt your Mutt is a great opportunity to learn more about this beautiful area and the plants and animals that inhabit it. It is a fascinating example of England’s countryside at its diverse best with our walks taking visitors through a wide range of habitats ranging from farmland to heathland and from woodland to beach. Part of the estate has been internationally recognised as an area of special conservation value and is well worth the walk so take your binoculars and camera with you.
- Mini Beast Hunting – with Butterflies of Britain Education Programme
- Stop for a break half way round your walk and talk to the team from Natural England
- Paws and Pose – for a Strutt Your Mutt photo with your dog/s and family/friends.
- Dog Show -entry from 10am judging from midday. Best in show approximately 3.30pm
- Falconry Display –from Fens Falconry which we are sure, will capture your attention.
- Agility and Flyball displays – with Paws of Parham
- Breed Parade - learn about many of the different breeds of dog at Strutt Your Mutt Dog Day.
- Ferreting demonstration - with Simon Whitehead - a mixture of enthusiastic and entertaining commentary, you will be able to watch the ferreter work in harmony with the ferrets, dog and nets to show why we still ferret.
- Gun Dog Display - Blythview Gundogs will be demonstrating the training and work of a gundog.
- The Strutt Your Mutt Super Dog Challenge
- Leonberger Carting Display
- Have-a go Agility and Fastest Recall, Live music, Bar and Refreshments, Craft Marque and lots of opportunities for shopping at the many Trade and Charity Stands.
Tickets on sale now - http://struttyourmutt.co.uk/BuyYourTickets
Adult ’s £5 - Child (6-16yrs) £3 -Under 6 yrs go free-Family ticket (2 Adults + 2 Children) £14